Tomorrow is Monday which means meal prepping day for this mama. I don’t dine out for breakfast, lunch or dinner throughout the week so it’s important for me to plan and prep. I’m a big fan of throwing things together in a bowl. To keep these meals convenient, I must make all ingredients easy and accessible.
This week in my fridge I have:
- Salad greens
- Kale for smoothies
- Collards for wraps
- Sautéed swiss chard
- Grated carrots
- Roasted sweet potatoes and yams
- Chicken sausage
- Grilled chicken
- Pickled beets
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Kite Hill chive cream cheese style spread (this stuff is non-dairy, AHHH-MAZING and I find it at Whole Foods)
I usually combine most of these for my bowls as you can see below
With these ingredients I am able to quickly assemble things such as:
Dave’s Killer Bread bagel topped with Jewel yams (sweet potatoes), alfalfa sprouts, chicken sausage that I quickly sautéed in the cast iron with ghee and finally hot sauce!
Lavash with Kite Hill chive cream cheese style spread, alfalfa sprouts, grilled chicken, salad greens, grated carrots, tomatoes, pickled beets, cucumbers and banana rings. I will be making this wrap with collard leaves.
On a side note, my picky with health foods husband ate this and I didn’t hear a complaint! You can totally “man” this up if you want with a few different ingredients like a small touch of BBQ or Buffalo sauce on the chicken. As far as the kids go…………still a work in progress.
So now that I shared my plans for my fridge list, I want to share a recipe for one of them-
Turmeric Ginger Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into about 1″cubes or smaller (I used Jewel yams and Japanese sweet potatoes because they’re my fave)
- 2 TBS of melted ghee
- 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1 TBS of lemon juice
- Salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, oregano and lemon juice to the melted ghee and mix.
- Lay sweet potatoes on a baking sheet evenly, sprinkle salt and pepper then pour melted ghee spice mixture over potatoes. With your hands(works best) mix the potatoes with the ghee until all potatoes are coated. Potato massage.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes turning potatoes halfway for even roasting.
- Once done and fork tender, allow potatoes to cool before storing.
Hope everyone’s had a wonderful Sunday. Plan and prep for a successful week!